Announcing Discover GALILEO, a new way to search and retrieve content from GALILEO’s hundred+ databases, digital collections, and beyond, including print materials found only in library collections. Discover GALILEO provides a single search of all of these materials and more, combining the ease and speed of a popular Internet search engine with the quality and organization of content that only a library can provide. Powered by EBSCO Discovery Service, Discover GALILEO offers a comprehensive set of research tools, including a personal research folder that allows users to easily save, cite, retrieve, and link to content.
The new Discover GALILEO service will replace the existing federated search service in the GALILEO interface on October 1, 2012, following a preview period for libraries beginning August 1 and for GALILEO users beginning August 21. Additional functionality will be made available in subsequent months.
1. Replacement of federated search tool in GALILEO interface (October 1, 2012).
2. Search boxes available for use on library websites (Fall 2012)
3. Library catalogs included in search results (Winter 2013; schedule to be determined)
4. Library localization (Winter and Spring 2013; schedule to be determined)
5. EBSCO AZ and LinkSource (Winter and Spring 2013 evaluation for changes July 2013)
More information for libraries about the implementation plan and status for the overall project, localization opportunities, and training is available at: http://help.galileo.usg.ed