The 2014 edition of the ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States has been loaded into the database and is available to all GALILEO libraries and media centers. Users can search the 2013 and the 2014 content together or the 2014 content on its own.
Sample reference questions that can be answered with Statistical Abstract of the United States:
- In the future will more men or women live to be 100?
- What state awards the largest number of science and engineering degrees?
- Where is medical information most vulnerable?
- Who goes to the vet more often – cat owners or dog owners?
- Is the homeless population increasing or decreasing?
Webinars presented by a ProQuest trainer have been scheduled and will include a look at content, browse and search tips, and Facets and Excel options. The trainer is also planning some fun trivia questions to highlight content.
Visit the GALILEO training page to register or select a webinar below.
Training webinar for the ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States
Once at the meeting website, click the More Info link for password and audio information.
February 11, 10:00-11:00 a.m. Register
March 4, 2:00-3:00 p.m. Register